An easy way to increase productivity without adding industrial robots to your facility is by installing an RTU on the warehouse floor.
If you are in the early stages of automation and want to improve your processes, then consider adding an RTU to your facility.
As we explain below, RTUs provide many benefits to manufacturers looking to lean up their production line without breaking the budget.
Read on to learn more about iGAM’s 26’ KUKA RTU and how it will transform your facility!
26' KUKA RTU
Mobility in manufacturing
Making the most out of your industrial robots is key to increasing cost savings and improving productivity.
With a robot transport unit, or RTU, you can add mobility to your manufacturing facility.
RTUs allow industrial robots to move in a linear fashion up and down a production line. While a robot can move in a circular motion from its joints, unless it is mounted on an RTU, it remains stationary where it is bolted to the floor.
The RTU adds another dimension of motion so the robot has greater capabilities during production. For example, robots that sit on an RTU can tend a line of injection molding machines or move through a product assembly sequence.
RTUs can be only a few feet long, or they can run from one end of the factory to the other. The length of an RTU depends on the application and range of motion needed to complete production. You also have the option of choosing from a floor mounted RTU or a wall or overhead RTU for more floorspace.
Implementing an RTU into your production line will provide the following benefits:
- Cost savings: With an RTU, you don’t have to add more robots to get the same amount of work done. That also means fewer repairs and parts replacements, giving a high ROI for minimal investment.
- Increased mobility: The robots that you do have will have increased mobility, enabling them to move around the facility with ease.
- Increased productivity: An RTU will allow industrial robots to be more productive by cutting downtime caused by switching applications and transferring product from one place to another.
- Reduced lead time: An increase in productivity means your products will get out to your customers faster.
- Increased scalability: When you can produce more and get your products to customers faster, you can increase scalability and continue to grow your company.
Additionally, RTU installations are done quickly and provide structure to your factory floor, creating a lean production line that is built around the unit.
Get the transportation you need at iGAM
If you want to experience the cost savings and other benefits provided by an RTU, then shop at iGAM for an affordable solution.
This refurbished 26' KUKA RTU is our transport platform for heavy loads. Move it with great ease into the right position – with ultra-precision and in the tightest of spaces.
The 26' KUKA RTU also offers excellent mobility, easily operated by remote control. Install this RTU into your facility with ease to get started on leaner manufacturing practices today.
At iGAM, you have the ability to Buy Now if our price point suits your wallet or Make an Offer to submit your own price. To send us your offer, simply click the “Make an Offer” button on the product page and an iGAM Specialist will get back to you within one business day.
Are you concerned about your budget? No worries! We offer financing to make it easy for manufacturers of any phase to automate their facilities.
iGAM offers two ways to finance:
- Fill out the quick application on the product page and choose the best financing plan from the nation’s top lenders.
- Apply for credit with our partner Behalf and purchase any equipment you need while making low monthly payments.
Add mobility to your warehouse floor with affordable RTUs at iGAM. Visit our Financing page to learn more about our financing options.
Visit the online marketplace for used industrial robots and equipment
iGAM is the leading online marketplace for used industrial robots, robot parts, and manufacturing equipment.
We specialize in providing affordable products that meet the demands of your business and enjoy working with our customers to deliver the results they expect. With unbeatable prices, selection, and customer service, iGAM aims to be the ultimate destination for automation products across the industry and an essential part of every manufacturer's asset management strategy.
Create an account with iGAM today to save items to your wish list, get exclusive deals in your inbox, and more.