If everything is a priority, then nothing is a priority. Above all, prioritize safety.
That’s why safety is a major concern for manufacturers in any industry. Taking the proper precautions, such as adding safety laser scanners to your facility, is literally a life-or-death decision.
Learn more about safety laser scanners and where to buy one below.
SICK S30A-7011CA Safety Laser Scanner
What is a safety laser scanner?
A safety laser scanner is a device used to protect manufacturing personnel from machine injuries.
Using sensors, the lasers constantly scan an area. If an employee or object moves into the sensors’ view, the scanner will send a signal to the machinery to stop running.
Additionally, safety laser scanners are unique in that they will stop equipment if they sense an internal fault. This extra precaution has made them a more common safety feature than sensitive safety mats, hard guarding, and light curtains.
Benefits of a safety laser scanner
Clearly, safety laser scanners improve safety for personnel in a manufacturing work zone.
What other benefits do they provide?
- Customizable: Compared to safety light curtains, sensitive safety mats, and hard guarding, safety laser scanners are fully customizable. Operators can change the zone of protection as long as it doesn’t exceed the detection range.
- No contact: A safety laser scanner detects danger without requiring contact. This minimizes the amount of damage to the scanner and the equipment compared to high-contact safety equipment like safety mats.
- Affordable: Finally, safety laser scanners are available to manufacturers of any budget. Their low price tag makes it easy to create a safety-first warehouse. Plus, financing for safety laser scanners is available through iGAM at $13 a month to make it even more affordable.
As you can see, adding a safety laser scanner to your production line is worth the peace of mind granted to your employees, as well as the boost in productivity when personnel can focus on the task at hand.
Machinery safety standards
Manufacturing and construction are among the most cited industries for injuries and fatalities. Despite this, since the 1970s, work-related deaths have fallen by more than 50 percent because of OSHA’s work.
Read OSHA’s standards for machine guarding here to get a better idea of how to protect your employees on the warehouse floor. It can save a life.
Where to buy a safety laser scanner
Looking to promote safety in your facility? Then check out iGAM’s Sick S30A-7011CA Safety Laser Scanner!
This SICK Safety Laser Scanner is used for efficient optimization of production processes. It can be configured with up to four field sets.
By the proven triple field mode and the function of simultaneous monitoring of up to four protective fields—in combination with the SICK safety controller—mobile and stationary applications are efficiently implemented. The static signals at the two available inputs enable flexible protective field switching.
The Sick S30A-7011CA Safety Laser Scanner is ideal for integration into complex processes, such as assembly lines in the automotive industry. This variant also has an integrated EFI interface for implementing networked systems.
EFI can be used to connect up to four devices to safety controllers from SICK, which provides remote diagnostics, for example. The system plug with built-in configuration storage enables rapid device replacement without using a laptop.
Who is SICK? SICK was founded in 1946 and serves companies around the world in factory automation, logistics automation, and process automation. For decades, SICK’s sensor intelligence has effectively protected manufacturing personnel from injury as well as prevented equipment from damage.
Don’t want to pay an upfront investment? No worries! iGAM offers two ways to finance:
- Fill out the quick application on the product page and choose the best financing plan from the nation’s top lenders.
- Apply for credit with our partner Behalf and purchase any equipment you need while making low monthly payments.
Don’t let cost dissuade you from enhancing production speed in your facility. Visit our Financing page to learn more about our financing options.
Visit iGAM today
iGAM is revolutionizing the manufacturing industry and the market for used manufacturing assets.
We are the online marketplace to find the best used robots, manufacturing equipment, and parts on the web. With our growing presence, iGAM stands to be the clear category leader. We are equipped to be an essential part of every manufacturing company's asset management strategy.
Shop online at www.iGAM.com to get up to 80 percent off brand name used industrial robots, robot parts, and equipment.